Hemlock Bridge is located 6 miles from the White Gables in and is the last of seven 19th century covered bridges built in Fryeburg over the Old Saco River.
Built in 1957 and reinforced for local traffic in 1988, the Paddleford truss bridge is located along the dirt road portion of Hemlock Bridge Road and is only accessible by car seasonally. In the winter, the bridge is part of the miles of snowmobile trails maintained by the Fryeburg Snowmobile Association.
Hemlock Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970 and designated as a Maine Historic Civil Engineering Landmark by the American Society of Civil Engineers in 2002.
Mike, Steph, and Gwen enjoy grabbing something to eat and having a picnic at the bridge. Local places to get sandwiches can be found on our restaurant page.